Small Business Revitalization Blog
Small Business Coaching: Revive Your Profits, Revitalise Your Perspectives, Reinvigorate Your People
How to deal with massive change
Lisa Murray - Sunday, March 06, 2011
First it was the GFC, now it’s a spate of floods, cyclones, earthquakes, snowstorms and political uprisings… our world is in turmoil and these events impact our businesses whether they are personal to us or not.
You may have noticed customers are slow to make decisions… are spending less than usual… that business has unexpectedly ground to a halt. There is a reason for this. It is time to look closely at everything we are doing and to see what still serves us and what needs to change.
Anytime we can’t ‘feel the buzz’ in our business we can either choose to look outwards with blame, or inwards by choosing to create exactly what we desire. Change is inevitable; it is how we move forward that creates our destiny!
A few days ago I wrote myself a rather long message from a ‘future me’… One of the questions I asked my future self was ‘What can I change here that would create more ease?’
Here are a few of the insights I received:
• Finish or clear out everything that feels like it is grinding me to a halt.
• Write up my plans coherently and create simple strategies for getting started.
• Collate the insights and information for each of the new toolkits I am developing for my business coaching clients (systemize what’s in my brain!!)
• Give the flat, weird, anxious bits no attention or energy IF they are out of my control.
• Create a physical space that is supportive and creative.
• Keep asking ‘What else is possible?’
So what’s changed? After my ‘self to self’ pep talk, I chose to take massive action!
• I cleared out my office and made space on my desk (now showing just one project at a time!)
• I collated all those ideas and bits of paper into coherent piles!
• I developed a creative new business plan template that feels really joyful (and developed a new business plan with ease – very clear on my actions now!!)
• I started to realign and fine-tune my website content.
• I reinvented one program that just wasn’t delivering results for the time I was investing.
• I connected with my accountability buddy for the first time and we gave each other lots of encouragement for the changes we are making!
• I became a lot more focused on the ‘maintenance’ tasks required for my business to succeed on a massive level.
• I unleashed my energy by completing lots of small ‘incomplete’ commitments – to myself and others. Doing the maintenance rocks!
What are the results so far? My business has become effortless again!
• I connected with some great people around my new lead generation strategies.
• There has been a lot more space for nurturing me – I’m breathing easier and deeper.
• I received unexpected support around my spaces of anxiety (a couple of tools generously shared and the grinding anxiety has disappeared!!)
• I have started implementing my new business plan, focusing on the foundations!
• Lots of the resources I need to realize my plan have showed up unexpectedly and with perfect timing!
What didn’t I do?
• Think small because what I desire isn’t showing up in this 10 seconds.
• Become overwhelmed.
This beautiful quote by Deepak Chopra captures the essence of my blissful business process this week:
“The heart is intuitive, holistic, contextual, relational. It doesn't have a win-lose orientation. It taps into the field of pure potentiality, pure knowledge and infinite organizing power- and takes everything into account.”
It’s been a week full of long deep breaths… feeling into what’s possible and what I desire to change.
If you are wondering what it will take for everything you desire to change, ask your body, your business and your higher self (or future self) to tell you exactly what you need to know!
What are you choosing to change in your business right now? Please share in the comments section below!
(PS The new business plan template will be available for you all very soon! I really do bring the bliss back into business!)
Got something provocative, creative or innovative to say? Post your comment!
- 3 Strategies For When Your Plans Stop Working
- Right Timing - Does it Exist?
- Flexibility or Structure?
- Got a Flexible Map for 2013?
- Unconventional Capacities?
- Are You Solving Problems Or Out-Creating?
- Change: Do You Love It or Fear It?
- 10 Ways to Give Your Mojo a Boost
- Conscious Business: Are You Moving Forward?
- What does it take to outcreate YOU?
change business performance, recession Sunshine Coast human resources people Business bliss social media, social networking networking pricing strategies Gold Coast authenticity mojo of flow revive your business Access Consciousness Business Beyond marketing playshop love your work start a business business books expert status branding home office home office, working from home small business coaching happiness getting things done business vision conscious business revive yourself business plan stress virtual business social culture business planning small business statistics Brisbane creativity maximise profits business mindset life/work balance flow marketing mix customer service strategies sales business coaching cloud computing productivity New Energies of Business profitable
- business planning (24)
- Access Consciousness (1)
- authenticity (7)
- branding (11)
- Brisbane (3)
- Business Beyond (2)
- Business bliss (12)
- business books (4)
- business coaching (9)
- business mindset (8)
- business performance, recession (19)
- business plan (10)
- business vision (25)
- change (5)
- cloud computing (1)
- conscious business (11)
- creativity (15)
- culture (8)
- customer service strategies (6)
- expert status (3)
- flow (7)
- getting things done (10)
- Gold Coast (1)
- happiness (12)
- home office (2)
- home office, working from home (1)
- human resources (2)
- life/work balance (8)
- love your work (6)
- marketing (23)
- marketing mix (7)
- maximise profits (17)
- mojo of flow (4)
- networking (4)
- New Energies of Business (2)
- people (2)
- playshop (1)
- pricing strategies (6)
- productivity (13)
- profitable (5)
- revive your business (64)
- revive yourself (44)
- sales (1)
- small business coaching (74)
- small business statistics (1)
- social (1)
- social media, social networking (9)
- start a business (15)
- stress (13)
- Sunshine Coast (1)
- virtual business (1)